Schools in the Latham, NY Area
Are you moving to The Woodlands? We’re happy to give you a tour and provide information about schools in Latham, NY and the surrounding area. If you have any questions about the local educational institutions, don’t hesitate to ask us during your tour.
North Colonie Central School District
1. Forts Ferry Elementary
– Forts Ferry prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is focused on helping children get the support they need to be successful individuals by meeting all of the necessary and unique needs of each child.
2. Shaker Junior High School
– This middle school focuses on helping students reach their fullest potential academically, develop social skills that will help them later in life, and reach their best achievements physically and athletically. Their mission is to provide an optimistic educational environment that leads to success.
3. Shaker High School
– Their mission as a high school is to provide students with the tools they need to be competitive in the international market place, and to help foster the diverse talents and needs of its student body. In addition to embracing core academic standards of achievement, it also focuses on helping students learn Foreign Languages, become problem solvers, and appreciate the Arts. They also offer Drivers Education courses, allowing students to have an important tool that they need to become independent.
Capital Region Universities
1. Siena College – Offering majors, minors, and certificates, Siena is an incredible academic institution that’s ready to help young adults learn the skills they need to be successful. Areas of education include Accounting, Classics, Economics, Business, Biochemistry, Criminal Justice, and much more. We also recommend that you stop in to watch a basketball game when you move to the area!
2. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) – Located in nearby Troy, this university is a respected leader in higher academia. Just some of the majors offered include Architecture, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Physics, and Sustainability Studies.