It might not seem like much, but color schemes can actually greatly impact a home environment. Think about it: when you’re shopping for a book, clothes, pillows, etc. – what grabs your attention?
You probably said “the color”. Color is actually a powerful design tool that can change the whole effect of your rooms.
Top designers and decorators have given us the most popular color trends for this year, just in time for a fun summer project!
Home Decorating Color Scheme Trends for 2016:
- Lilacs & Purples – the color of royalty and creativity. Pick your tone depending on whether you want a calm or dramatic flair.
- Dark Aubergine – add a lush and sophisticated feel with this dark shade.
- Milky Blues – blue is often used to evoke feelings of calmness. Use this shade to add tranquility to your space.
- Grey/Blue – use this to add another level of sophistication to your blue color scheme.
- Navy – for a shade of blue that adds drama.
- Dark Teal – the mixture of tranquil blue and peaceful green provides a nice balance and a great color for any room.
- Powdery Pink – this toned down shade adds a pop of personality without being overpowering.
- Citrusy Chartreuse – this shade adds a unique brightness to the traditional calm shades of green.
- Clean White – like linens, this shade is often viewed as being clean, open, and fresh.
- Alabaster White – this off-white shade adds a bit of warmth, rather than the coldness that a pure white sometimes gives off.
Add any of these colors to your interior design at your apartment at The Woodlands with a throw pillow, tablecloth, lamp, or any other accents to refresh your living space! What changes will you make?