The idea of moving into a new apartment can be exciting, however, it is recommended to take a step back and make sure you have your Apartment Inspection Checklist in hand on moving day. This will ensure that issues with the property, if any, are documented.
Your checklist should include the following:
- Are the walls clean?
- Do all electrical outlets work?
- Are the smoke detectors in working order?
- Check that all ceiling fans work?
- Are the blinds and windows in good condition?
- Is the Stove/Refrigerator/Dishwasher in good working order?
- Are faucets clean with good water pressure?
- Does the garbage disposal work?
- Are shelves/closets in good shape?
- Windows in working order?
- Is the toilet in good working order?
- Is the shower/tub clean?
- Have the tiles/walls been maintained?
- Are faucets clean with no leaks?
- Are the door locks working properly?
- Have all exterior lights been maintained?
- Is the balcony/patio in good condition?
At The Woodlands, the satisfaction of our tenants is our top priority! Therefore, we provide a move in document where tenants have the ability to write down any items of concern regarding their apartment on moving day. In addition to the move in documents provided, we encourage tenants to provide a full check list. If you’re in the market for an apartment, contact us at The Woodlands to schedule a tour!