The winter season is upon us, meaning it gets dark earlier, it’s cold out, and all we want to do is stay warm inside our apartment at The Woodlands. This season, follow these tips to make your apartment feel more inviting this winter:
- Create a Nook – Staying inside more often is the perfect excuse to catch up on your reading! Pick a small space to get cozy and add everything you’ll need for a relaxing environment to read. Add pillows and a warm quilt to keep you comfortable, place a good light nearby, and be sure to have something to set a cup of hot tea on. Now all you need is to take a trip to the library for some new reading material!
- Add Layers of Lighting – Ignore the fact that it’s so dark outside by creating ample lighting in your apartment. One of the best ways to do this is by adding a variety of lighting options. Add table lamps and floor lamps with warm and cool lights to ensure that you can always get the lighting you’re looking for.
- Keep Blankets Handy – One of the easiest ways to make your home feel a little cozier is by draping blankets over your furniture. It’ll make your home feel more inviting, and ensure that extra warmth is just an arm’s reach away.
- Add Some Texture – Adding texture to your walls is an easy way to cozy up your home a little more. If you have drapes, simply pull them shut. This will keep the cold out, as well as add an extra layer to your walls. For those without drapes, find a quilt or tapestry to hang on a bare wall space.
- Personal Comfort – For those who are away from loved ones and find themselves getting a little homesick at times, this is a perfect project. Take the time to add some of your favorite images to your wall space, desks, or other areas that look a little bare. Whether it’s a family photo, photos from your college days, or your favorite album in a frame, looking at familiar images is sure to make your apartment feel a little more like home.