This time of year is a time of renewal. It is the time of year that many people associate with cleaning but very few associate with home decorating. Sadly, enough there are very few times of year when it is more appropriate to decorate your home. Face it, for most of us, this is the only time of year that we are actually happy about cleaning!
During the summer months we clean because the kids (young and old alike) are constantly tracking dirt, mud, grass, and goodness knows what else into the house. Summer is the one time of year in which our cleaning efforts are nothing short of inspired.
Yet it is also the summer that often eludes us when it comes to inspiration for decoration. Perhaps we are too tired from all of our cleaning efforts to seek the inspiration to decorate.
If this is the case with you, then our hope is that some of the ideas mentioned below will help bring some serious decoration inspiration your way!
- Flowers. Spring and summer are the time of flowers. They are all around us. Use fresh cut flowers and candles to create beautiful arrangement and centerpieces throughout your home.
- Candles. Candles can be soothing, relaxing, invigorating, inspiring, beautiful, elegant, and simply smell good. Candles are great no matter what time of the year it is however, if you select candles in bright spring colors and fragrances you might be amazed at exactly how uplifting these candles can be. For safety purposes, battery operated candles are becoming very popular.
- Towels.Yes — towels. In your kitchen and your bathrooms, you need bright, bold colors that signify spring, summer, birth, and renewal. These little touches can make a huge difference in not only your attitude about cleaning and decorating but also your attitude about cooking.
- Fragrance. Most people do not realize that the fragrances we use in our homes is a type of decoration. It makes our noses happy to some degree but also the potpourri and candles are often decorations in and of themselves. Put out bowls filled with brightly colored and lightly scented fragrance balls, dried fruit, and other delights. Gourmet potpourri can be found in all kinds of gift and fragrance shops and is a rather inexpensive way to add a fragrant touch to your home decorating as well as the fragrance of your home.
- Fruit. Have bowls placed throughout your home filled with fresh fruit. Not only does this add yet another layer of fragrance to your home but it is also visually appealing and edible.
Have fun adding these 5 home summer decorating tips to your apartment at The Woodlands !