Getting in a good workout can seem stressful, and for good reason. Going to the gym takes time, and it means leaving the comfort of your own apartment in the winter. What if there was a better way to do it? We think there is, and best of all, it can even be done in the comfort of your own home (or the Woodlands fitness center). Here’s why HIIT training works so well:
- Efficiency: No matter how busy your schedule is, there’s a good chance you can find a HIIT workout that will work with your schedule.
- You Don’t Need Equipment: The key to HIIT training is to get your heart rate up, which actually works best with your own body weight. Whether you’d rather bike, jump rope, jog, or do moves such as “high knees”, you can find an enjoyable way to do HIIT without any equipment at all.
- It’s Completely Adaptable: Going on a work trip? No problem. Need to squeeze in a workout on your lunch break? That’s okay too. One of the best things about HIIT is that it can be done absolutely anywhere!
- You Burn Fat: Those who have dieted know that it’s hard to target fat loss, yet keep the muscle. With a HIIT workout, you burn calories fast, and the intense exertion will kick your body into overdrive repair mode, meaning that you’ll continue to burn the fat and calories after the workout, as well.
- It’s Challenging: It’s hard to think of someone who can’t benefit from a HIIT workout, whether they’re just starting to focus on fitness, or they’re a seasoned exerciser. If you’re new, you’re sure to see results quickly, and as you go, there are always new ways to do HIIT as you go!
Are you convinced? Here are three HIIT workouts to get you started.