Are you new to apartment living? Have you recently graduated college or sold your house, and are interesting in renting an apartment for the first time? If so, we have some information and advice on finding the perfect apartment and complex to fit your needs.
1. Do Your Homework - Here are some suggestions to help you narrow down your search -
- Price - Choose an apartment that allows you to remain within your budget. Factor in any additional utilities not provided by the complex.
- Location - See if important "attractions" are close enough for your comfort. For example: bus line, restaurants, grocery stores, airport, etc.
- Amenities - Some apartments offer fitness centers, pools, club house rental, washer/dryer hook ups and/or utilities that may be included in the rent.
- School District - Being in a reputable school district may play a large part in selecting the right complex for you and your growing family. The Property Manager can confirm the school district that would be within their complex.
- Floor Plans - Many complexes offer various floor plans. Choose the floor plan that works best for you and any other tenant(s) that would be occupying the apartment with you.
- No worries if you've never rented before. You'll want to provide as much information on your application to help the Property Manager confirm your eligibility to live there.